Frequently Asked Questions
- What is my UM Alerts username and password?
- Can I change my contact preferences?
- Does your service work on multiple cell phone networks?
- Do I need to install software on my phone?
- Will this cost me anything?
- Will I receive unsolicited messages ("SPAM") on my mobile phone or e-mail account?
- The campus was closed or there was a delayed opening due to weather or other issues. Why didn't I get a notification?
UM Alerts uses myUM Authentication. You can log into UM Alerts using your myUMid and password. Click here for more information about myUM Authentication.
Yes. You can change your account settings to add different e-mail addresses or phone numbers. Click here for more information on adding a device to your account.
Yes. e2Campus is a cross-carrier service. See a list of wireless carriers supported here.
No. e2Campus uses the industry standard SMS text messaging protocol to send messages to your phone. However, your mobile phone plan will need to accept text messages in order for this service to work properly.
Possibly. Depending on your wireless carrier provider and the plan you have, your wireless carrier may charge a nominal fee to receive SMS text messages.
No. The vendor, e2Campus, enforces a ZERO SPAM policy which clearly prohibits unsolicited messages, and e2Campus does not sell the contact information of our subscribers to third party marketers.
7. The campus was closed or there was a delayed opening due to weather or other issues. Why didn't I get a notification?
Log into the UM Alerts system and check on the email address or SMS device you have registered on your UM Alerts account. If a valid email address or SMS Device is registered, and you still did not receive a UM Closing or Delayed Opening Announcement, please contact the IT Help Desk.