Emergency Reference Guide
- Stay inside.
- Drop to the floor and take cover by getting under a sturdy table or piece of furniture. If there is nothing to get under, crouch in an inside corner of the building and cover your face and head with your arms.
- Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall.
- After the shaking stops, evacuate the building if it is damaged or the fire alarm system is sounding.
- Be aware that the electricity may go out or the fire alarm system may activate.
- Do not use elevators.
- Stay there.
- Move away from buildings, streetlights, and utility wires.
- Once in the open, stay there until the shaking stops. The greatest danger exists directly outside buildings, at exits and alongside exterior walls.
Report injuries, property damage, or hazardous material releases to University Police at 711 or (410) 706-3333.